Let’s dive straight into what makes my food allergic heart flutter and waste no time! I was ecstatic when Allergic Living Magazine started publishing in the United States (the magazine was launched in Canada). I was so thrilled with my first edition that I received in the mail, it took a family trip to San Diego where I relished in reading it under the warm sun with steaming hot Italian coffee and a freshly baked muffin in hand. I remember that lovely moment like it was yesterday.
Feeling normal and wiser. This is why reading this magazine is so important to me. Allergic Living Magazine quietly whispers in my ear that I am not alone, that my normal is that of millions of Americans just like me (about 15 million) and life can be quite amazing. That first edition delivered an additional resource of professionally written and researched food allergy, asthma, eczema and celiac articles, recipes, product reviews, inspiration and so much more.
Little known tidbit: the magazine was founded by a hot shot journalist who developed food allergies as an adult and put her passion and talents together, but that is a another story for a different day!
My Opinion: Anatomy of Allergic Living Magazine
What I love most…
- Professionally researched and penned articles that did deeper into mainstream media headlines. These articles are often highlighted by leading physicians, researchers and experts in need-to-know-topic areas. My most favorite attribute!
- Products Reviews, Holiday Gift Guides and the ever popular Bakery Tour offer ideas for those hot new or hard to find items that make our days even brighter. This is where my bias explodes (I’m the Product Editor).
- Environmental Allergies articles, especially the health home pieces which have helped my family breath better around the house!
- Psychosocial stories and narratives that inspire and give me different perspectives.
- Top 8 major allergen free recipes developed by acclaimed chefs, bloggers and culinary genius’ who understand our food allergy good taste and easy-to-make needs.
- Current Hot Topics that our community is talking about, such as airlines, college planning and Back-To-School readiness.
- Practical tips and advise from those managing allergies, asthma, eczema or celiac.
- Ask the Asthma and Allergy Expert and other regular columns, such as the Parenting Coach, address those I-always-wanted-to-ask questions and concerns.
Reading a magazine drenched in everything that matters to me while snuggled up with my favorite tea or coffee is a little slice of heaven that blends beautifully with my busy life. I brew my cup of java, grab a recent copy of Allergic Living, put on the timer for 15 minutes and disappear into the land of food allergy goodness!
I invite you to enjoy the Summer Subscription Sale as the savings are fantastic. We are talking 25% off. Basically, skip two Starbucks coffee and treat trips and you’ve scored two years worth of important and fun information that matters the most to you!
As you can see, I’m hopeless biased for multiple good reasons.
Happy Food Allergy Reading!
disclaimer: Yes, it’s true. I have admired, read and benefited from Allergic Living Magazine long before I was fortunate enough to call myself Product Editor, Contributor and more! I am honored to write this post to share my very personal thoughts. The team at Allergic Living doesn’t even know I’m professing my undying love today. I hope I don’t scare them too badly.