I originally made these a few weeks ago for a fundraiser to benefit a beloved food allergy mom battling her third round of cancer, Emily Reese. They were such a hit that I made them again for a going away party and I tried a different approach!
Needless to say, these were a hit, so I made them again. Of course, I lost my notes from the first round, so here is what I created for round 2, which uses actual Key Lime Flavored Marshmallows (a tad easier since I did not sure lime extract or food coloring).
- Soy free cooking spray
- 1/4 cup PLUS 2 tbl soy and/or dairy free buttery spread (Earth Balance Soyfree buttery Spread is my favorite)
- 2 eight ounce Campfire Mallow Bursts Key Lime Flavored marshmallow
- 1 cup regular sized plain marshmallows
- NOTE: you can use 2 ten ounce bags of vegan or plain marshmallow instead. Use 1/2 tsp lime extract to taste
- 13 cups rice crispy style cereal
- 1 1/2 cup coconut (toasted) sweetened or unsweetened to suit your taste
- Grease 9″ x 13″ pan and head of rubber spatula
- Melt soy-free buttery spread in large pot over low-medium heat
- Add marshmallows and stir occasionally until fully
- Removed from heat when melted
- Immediately add in rice crispy cereal
- Mix well and using pre-greased spoon, spread into thick even layer in pan
- Spread toasted coconut over smoothed out treats and pat down
- Let sit for two hours and cut
I love these types of recipes since you can double them for larger crowds!