Cool down this hot summer with a quick and easy beat-the-heat group pleasing drink! I originally whipped up this beverage as a Valentine’s Day treat, but who am I kidding, this fresh summer sipper is all about fun in the sun. This recipe uses only three irresistible ingredients. Use frozen lemonade or my favorite: guava nectar, ginger ale and fresh strawberries. See below for recipe!
Secret Food Allergy Weapon: make delicious top 8 free allergen (or more) treats to keep everyone safe and included. I try to focus on foods that fit the needs of all my guests and family.
Using a few of what I call “entertaining tools”, this quick and easy treat will add a little pizazz to any gathering. I am a firm believer in the magic of presentation. Serving up this drink in a paper cup is just as tasty, but presented in a fun beverage bottles and mason jars kicks up the party a notch.
I try to keep these ingredients on hand for impromptu gatherings or to simply punch up the fun when the family starts to wither from rising temps. I consider the bottles and jars an investment that I can use all year long.
- 1 can of frozen Guava Nectar or lemonade which makes 48 ounces of beverage
- 1 can of high quality ginger ale – 12 ounce size
- 4 large firm strawberries
- 4 Mason jars with handles or glass soda bottles – 16 ounce size
- Follow directions on frozen beverage container
- Mix in ginger ale
- Cut strawberries into quarter inch thick slices
- Making only two cuts, trim top of strawberry to create heart shape
- Garnish jar, bottle or cups with heart shaped strawberry and toss extras into the beverage
Have fun and shake up this recipe with your own favorite lemonades or juice flavor mix that suit your food allergy and gastronomic needs. Keeping flavors strong and simple with interesting presentation an change the vibe for any gathering. Note: these are pretty large servings, so you can use smaller jars to increase your numbers of servings.
The soda bottle is from Michael’s craft store and the mason jar class is Lily’s Home Old Fashioned Vintage Inspired Mason Jar Glasses .
Enjoy a great summer of top 8 major food allergen free treats!
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate and will receive a small commission if you purchase the glasses through this link.