I’m in awe of our food allergy community. I’ve been watching from my warm, dry and fully functioning home in Reno, NV, as emails, Home Free Treats , blog and Home Free Treats posts fly by with stories of companies and individuals reaching out in response those suffering the aftermath of Home Free Treats . It is times like this that you realize how amazing and powerful people can be during turbulent times. I simply want to share what I’ve seen from my small perch in the world and I want to say thank you to those reaching out and doing good work!
In the last few days, I’ve been humbled by….
- Numerous emails from companies and organizations apologizing for closing down!? Truly, theses folks did not need to apologize but I admire their sense of professionalism and dedication to their clients and customers.
- Those adorable Freelings at Home Free Treats are helping organize some of our favorite purveyors of Food Allergy Friendly foods and as a result the following folks are sending items to the Monmouth Food Bank: Home Free Treats is sending Individual packets of soynut butter, Home Free Treats is sending cookies, Jeanette’s Healthy Living, “Hurricane Sandy Update:Hot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe is sending bakery items and Jeanette’s Healthy Living, “Hurricane Sandy Update:Hot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe is helping with some sweet treats!
- Long Island Cares-A Harry Chapin Food Bank, Long Island Cares-A Harry Chapin Food Bank and Long Island Cares-A Harry Chapin Food Bank are sending food stuff to New Jersey too!
- Food Allergies, Food & Sandy, native New Yorker dealing with Hurricane Sandy, has written a wonderful detailed blog packed with information on where to send or find (if you have been effected), blog posts and other valuable information:Jeanette’s Healthy Living, “Hurricane Sandy Update:Hot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe.
- Jeanette’s Healthy Living, “Hurricane Sandy Update:Hot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe also wrote a helpful blog highlighting where gluten free donations can be sent!
- I even read a blog today of someone who is still sans power and dishing up food allergy safe food with grateful attitude–oh and she still posted a recipe!: Long Island Cares-A Harry Chapin Food Bank.
It is humbling to see our community share concerns about others with special dietary needs and even more touching to see individuals reach deep into their own pockets and send safe and healthy foods or take time to share information and organize efforts. Bravo!
How you can help ….
special note: if you are sending a direct donation of a food allergy friendly food, please make sure you have labeled that item clearly, so volunteers will know your donation is for special diets!
- Peanut Free Planet com is organization an effort to bring food allergy safe products to the Monmouth Food Bank. YOU can donate to this by ordering a gift certificate and then write the word MONMOUTH in the comments section and they will choose appropriate staples to be shipped. By the way, Peanut Free Planet will cover the shipping costs!
- Cristina Ippolito Stainkamp, of Together We Are Strong Sandy Relief braceletsin New York, posted on Facebook that the Together We Are Strong Sandy Relief bracelets can receive donations of food allergy friendly items–send to this address: Hurricane Sandy/Food Allergies to:
Long Island Cares Inc.
10 Davids Drive (Harry Chapin Way)
Hauppauge, NY 11788-2039
Phone (631) 582-FOOD
note: please make sure you you indicate how the item is food allergy friendly, i.e. Nut free, dairy free..etc.
Buy Jewelry: She Beads began selling www.sandyrelief.org for $32 with $22 being directly donated to www.sandyrelief.org.
Lisa Giuriceo, group leader for the Food Allergy and Asthma Support group of Northern New Jersey and one serious volunteer who had motivated many companies to donate, shared this address to send food allergy food to:
The Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, Inc.
3300 Route 66
Neptune, NJ 07753
Sending good thoughts to our fellow Americans for a smooth recovery and the strength to move forward each day with good energy and healing.
[twitter style=”horizontal” float=”left”]
More from my site