Things are rocking and rolling in the land of food allergy awareness. May kicks off tons of excitement surrounding food allergy awareness. For me, I enjoy watching people sporting the color teal, surfing Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see what building are lighting up and reading touching stories of teachers or family members supporting awareness. Basically, the month is our time to put our best awareness foot forward. I use this month to take that extra time to say thank you to those who make a difference. I will bake for teachers, thank coaches with gift cards and drop off a few plants to local businesses who try to support people with life-threatening food allergies.
Food Allergy Awareness Week: May 8th – May 14th, 2016
Need ideas? Here are a few…
“React with Respect” Food Allergy Awareness Week Theme from Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE)…
- Downloadable Educational and Awareness posters (FREE)
- Food Allergy Awareness Month Fact Sheet a powerful one pager that gives a few facts and links to more in-depth data.
- True Stories of Anaphylaxis
- Downloadable Action Heros Awareness posters (FREE and a kid favorite in my community)
- Additional downloadable posters that include the Be A P.A.L. posters, Restaurant posters, and even a sports themed poster.
For those seeking a few ideas for a fun Food Allergy Awareness Week activities…
- 15 Easy Ways to Make a Difference and Raise Food Allergy Awareness from Kids with Food Allergy (KFA) – a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Add your child’s face to the Faces of Food Allergy Album, sponsored by KFA
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Connection Team (FAACT) offers a FULL page of great Food Allergy Awareness Week ideas, including free bookmarks and more!
For those wanting to share something special with loved ones…
- Aleasa Word, Food Allergy Coach, mom, and advocate and warrior against food allergy stress, is offering a special in honor of Food Allergy Awareness Week (see above)
- Nut Free wear is selling fabulous temporary Food Allergy Awareness tattoos
- Cruise ETSY for adorable food allergy awareness gifts and jewelry
- Shop around at Safe and Happy Family for a new cutting board, food allergy awareness dish ware, a mug or tea towels so cute you’ll order ones you don’t need (oops, I think that was more of a confession).
- Order a new EPI carrier or holder from my 2016 List of EpiPen® and Adrenaclick® Carriers, Holders and Wall Mounts (note: I am not selling these items, I just created a list from reader and my own shopping experiences).
Please share how you plan on celebrating this month and specifically, Food Allergy Awareness Week?
Disclaimer: I share my shopping ideas just because I had so much fun digging around the Internet for ideas to buy gifts for those close to me. Unfortunately, I ended up buying myself items and giving my undying love to my family (which isn’t too bad of a thing). The organizations and businesses mentioned in this post haven’t a clue I’m talking about them today, nor have they paid me to talk about them. This is all food allergy awareness love being share.