Today at noon EST (9am PST) I’ll be “Blabbing”, which is holding a casual live conversation with food allergy authors, advocates and parents, Gina Mennett Lee, M.Ed and Laurel Francoeur, Esq., about 504 plans!
We’ll discuss the basics, plus when is a 504 plan necessary and how does it work.
How to join the food allergy 504 conversation:
- Click on this link: Why You Should Be Talking 504 Plan Now (you can also log into Blab and search for 504 plans
- If you are joining in via a mobile device, you’ll need to download the Blab.im App first
- You will be able to post questions to my guests
Important food allergy and 504 links related to today’s conversation:
- Francoeur Allergy Law
- Allergy Law Project
- Gina Mennett Lee, Food Allergy Consulting
Note: Many 504 Plan resources can be found on Gina Mennett Lee’s website, such as links to important back-to-school resources and the Office for Civil Rights, etc.
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook
- Allergic Living Magazine: Mistakes Parents Make When Advocating at a 504 Meeting
Articles from Gina Mennett Lee, Food Allergy Consulting:
- Top 3 Non-Negotiables for Food Allergy 504 Plans
- Food in the Classroom is not about Public Opinion
- Why our Classrooms Must be a Sanctuary for All Children
- Do PTA/PTO Events Need to be Accessible Under Section 504