What a great life we live! We have so many choices, in addition to our own creative solutions, of different ways to tote around our life-saving epinephrine auto-injectors. Below is my list personal list of the various carriers, holders, wall mounts and even clothing that I have discovered along my path. As with all things health related, please check in with your physician before you change how you manage your family’s health (yours too). NOTE: the generic to Adrenaclick device should fit any of the EpiPen® products listed below
EPI = holds Epipen® and similar shaped devices Auvi-Q = holds the recently released Auvi-Q®
Carriers and Holders – for everyone
- Veta Smart Case for EpiPen® – This unique carrier and Bluetooth device helps monitor temps, alerts you if you have forgotten your EpiPen® behind and sends out a message to designated people if the cap is flipped open, just to name a few features. I pre-ordered four myself. EPI
- Epi Essentials™ Grab and Go Handbag – These elegant and sophisticated handbags are made of gorgeous leather, can hold antihistamine in custom-made bottles and Emergency information cards–besides being so smart-looking they are compact. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Tuff Bags – Many colors and a fresh belted bag style too. A field trips favorite since there is a label prominently sewn across some bags stating, “EPINEPHRINE INJECTOR INSIDE”. We prefer the red color since it screams emergency. The durability is what really has my family hooked. EPI and AUVI-Q
- Allergy Haven – Insulated carriers and large hip assortment of carriers and accessories. The designs are off the chart fun and make wearing a fanny pack completely cool. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Buddy Pouch Athletic types will rejoyce! The nylon pouches are slim and use a system of ridiculously strong magnets to secure the pouch in place-no belts needed! I’ve been loving my pouch for my morning walks since my pants don’t have pockets. I have asthma and need to carry my inhaler, phone and house keys. The smaller pouches holder Auvi-Q’s nicely while the XL holders our Epipens. EPI and AUVI-Q
- AAFA Runner – The Allergy and Asthma Foundation of American (AAFA) fresh new bright blue belt holds epinephrine auto-injectors, inhalers and more! Looks like a wonderful option for an athlete, at theme park or just running errands around town.
- SPIBelt – This is a flat out standard. The belt can be worn under clothing or out. The solid black color is winner for active adults and teens and I like the patterns too.
- Kozygo offers a an exciting selection of carriers that range from a carrying a single or two epinephrine auto-injectors an inhaler and /or spacer (my favorite). Their designs are interesting, from simple and attractive for all ages. I purchased the Duo Pouch for my daughter and ended up loaning it out since it was so popular! For grins, check out the Toss and Go Banana Pouch. EPI possibly Auvi-Q, I have not tried to see if they will fit in this carrier
- MyTagAlongs offers an EpiPen® machine washable waist belt that is made out of neoprene with the words, “EPIPEN” inked on the outside so there is no mistaking what is inside. The fitbelts and waist bands come in an excellent variety of colors and designs, if you are seeking more a fashionable look. EPI
- Ouch Pouch Shop – This playful ETSY shop offers a wide selection of holders made from very lively patterns, the assortment ranges from super heroes to flowers and bright designs. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Carry Nine – Gorgeous leather wallets for men or women! Very sophisticated. The holster is new and just as cool too! EPI and Auvi-Q
- Rescue Shot Case – Fun colors and designs including an case that will hold Auvi-Q®s, plus a wristlet. My daughter uses the wristlet when we are going out or she is seeking a more mature look. It was impossible to tell she was carrying two EpiPens®. EPI and Auvi-Q
- NefCase® – This simple clear see-through waterproof and childproof case is made for diaper bags, gym bags or to be hung from whatever you want. You can also purchase a nice sleeve for the case. After mopping many sports bag spills this carrier should be a winner. EPI
- Activeaide – Durable holders so strong they survived my daughter’s dragging her holder through the dirt, playgrounds, hiking and trips. Need I say more? EPI and Auvi-Q
- Porta Pocket – Get your Bond girl on (it’s for boys too) with this hands free carrier which can be wrapped around your thigh, calf or upper arm! Talk about discreet. They’ve add some very fun blingy styles too that can be worn out for a night on the town. EPI and AUVI-Q
- Omaxcare® Is all about the active kid, teen and adult. Their options are waste bands style and leg band style. The holders seemed to be used on ankles, calves and waists. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Pink and Gray Bags – are new on the scene and take custom carriers to a whole new level. They offer bags which are large and hold most medical kits with individual bags coming out soon. The bags can be custom designed to suit everyone’s personality.
Carriers and Holders – for kids
- Allermates – My favorite bright red medicine bag that states MY MED BAG across the front. In an emergency, I like the idea of not second guessing where the rescue medications are! A Moassessi family favorite! You’ll find other styles of carrying case and accessories on their website–including a fun Survival Kits/Bundles. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Allergy Apparel™ – The ulimate online one stop shop for all things that make life for kiddos with food allergies better! You can find pouches, carriers, IDs, stickers, tattoos, lunch boxes and even awareness clothing. They have the largest assortment of insulated carriers that I have seen! Our favorites have been discovered at this website! EPI and Auvi-Q
- Blue Bear Aware – Another remarkable online retailer who offers a variety of epinephrine auto-injector holders, food allergy awareness tee shirts, books and even a darling doll sized epinephrine carrier for your daughter’s dolls! French-speaking? No worries, they offer food allergy labels in French and English (good news for our Canadian friends). EPI and Auvi-Q
- Alert Wear and Love Bug Co – Creativity at it’s finest of hours: an ever-changing assortment of handmade and customizable holders and carriers so insanely adorable that I want to place an order to use the holders for other things! Since many of this allergy mom’s items are custom-made, you need to order early! Some of their holders are created to accommodate asthma inhalers. EPI and Auvi-Q
- My EpiPen– If you sign up to join the My EpiPen Program offered by Mylan, the distributor of Epipens, you’ll receive a bright designed EpiPen® holder.
- Special Clothing Mention: Olli Lolli created and sells clothing with special pockets to accommodate epinephrine auto-injectors.
Carriers and Holders – for temperature control and waterproof
- Sen.se Thermo Peanut – smart wireless temperature control that lets you measure temperatures anywhere. Think sports bags holding injectors, etc. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Veta Smart Case for EpiPen® – not only is this device a carrier, it helps monitor temps. EPI
- Frio Insulated Wallet – helps to keep those epinephrine auto-injectors from getting too hot on warm days. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Kozygo – chose from a waist carrier waterproof pouch or a simple carrier pouch. Think kayaking, waterparks, fishing and other outdoor water sports. Both hold multiple devices
- Allergy Haven – waterproof pouch will hold up to 2-3 EPI and uses a double closure system
Wall Mounts, Hanging and Stations – for school, business or home
- @Risk Rescue – Rescue Stations that can be hung on a wall and then folds into a carrier which holds multiple epinephrine auto-injectors. EPI and Auvi-Q
- Safety Sacks Think of it as the Cadillac of Ziplock bags. My son’s preschool used it to hang his emergency medications on the door frame of the classroom. The click on the closure is tricky for little ones, but easy for adults! EPI and Auvi-Q
- The Original Allergy Emergency Kit have created various units (similar to AED) and signage to hold multiple epinephrine auto-injectors in metal cabinets (wall mount too) including epinephrine storage panels with velcro. EPI and Auvi-Q
- EPI-ACCESS International Epi Access Carrying Case multi-injector carrier that can be carried on fields trips or taken out to the field for sports.
If I missed your favorite, please add it below and I’ll update this list.
Thank you to all these companies who choose to create this products to help keep us safe, savvy and stylish!
Disclaimer: we were the lucky recipients of a few of the items mentioned above to take out on a test drive, such as Rescue Shot, Activeaide, buddy pouch, etc. I was not paid to love all over these makers of epinphrine auto-injectors. I have an unhealthy obsession with carriers and holder and have purchased many of the items listed above. My goal is to simply share data. I also receive a small commission as an affiliate with Blue Bear Aware.