Baby, we’ve come a long way! We’ve grown-up from carrying our beloved EpiPen® epinephrine auto-injectors in Ziplock™ bags to protecting our life-saving medications in wristlets, cooling wraps, in handmade holders so adorable you buy several to efficient and sporty varieties. I must say that I am sad to not highlight any Auvi-Q® holders as we all hold our breath to see if this device will return to the market (hint hint kaléo). Please comment below if I have missed your favorite carrier or holder! I’ve also included on this list wall storage units.
2016 List of Essential EpiPen® and Adrenaclick® epinephrine auto-injector carriers and holders.
Note: * next to the name denotes a new product, new designs or colors or new to this list–get the idea: just plain new.
- Veta Smart Case for EpiPen® * soon to be on the market this year is a combo carrier and Bluetooth device that helps monitor temps, alerts you if you have forgotten your EpiPen behind and sends out a message to designated people if the cap is flipped open, just to name a few features. I pre-ordered four myself.
- Epi Essentials™ * (not new but currently offering huge discounts that simply must be noted) big blowout sale taking place on the website. My daughter carries the Epi Essential Grab and Go bag for special events and I carry the Accessory Case. They are made of gorgeous leather, can hold antihistamine in custom-made bottles and Emergency information cards–besides being so smart-looking.
- NefCase® * is hot off the press and is a simple clear see-through waterproof and childproof case made for diaper bags, gym bags or to be hung from whatever you want. After mopping many sports bag spills, I’m anxious to check out this case. Maybe it will help me from yelling at kids for still spilling as teenagers?!
- Rescue Shot Case * hot new colors and designs plus a new wristlet. My daughter used the wristlet this last weekend as she looked fashionable. It was impossible to tell she was carrying two EpiPens®. offering a FREE campus program providing five carriers to University campus security or EMS who will be carrying epinephrine auto-injectors. Now that’s what I call community support.
- Allermates * sell my favorite bright red medicine bag that states MY MED BAG across the front. In an emergency, I like the idea of not second guessing where the rescue medications are! You’ll find other styles of carrying case and accessories on their website–including a fun Survival Kits/Bundles. Their food allergy ID bracelets can be found in drugs stores across the US too!
- Tuff Bags * new colors and a fresh belted bag style too. This is my family’s favorite pouch for field trips or when others might need access to our EpiPens® since there is a label prominently sewn across some bags stating,”EPINEPHRINE INJECTOR INSIDE”. We prefer the red color since it screams emergency.
- Buddy Pouch * by Running Buddy has been busy! In addition to offering the XL in newer color designs, they are offering water bottle holders, etc. The nylon pouches are slim and use a system of ridiculously strong magnets to secure the pouch in place-no belts needed! I’ve been loving mine for my morning walks since my pants don’t have pockets. I have asthma and need to carry my inhaler, phone and house keys.
- MyTagAlongs * offers an EpiPen® machine washable waist belt that is made out of neoprene with the words, “EPIPEN” inked on the outside so there is no mistaking what is inside.
- Kozygo *offers a very efficient selection of carriers that range from a carrying a single or two epinephrine auto-injectors to holding two injectors plus an inhaler or two injectors, an inhaler and a spacer (my favorite). Their designs are interesting and attractive to all ages. I purchase the Duo Pouch for my daughter and ended up loaning it out since it was so popular!
- Moxie Pouches * Living and cute designs that I predict the younger child will adore! Think DIVA, skater boy or spider web.
- Allergy Apparel™ * is online one stop shop for all things that make life for kiddos with food allergies better! You can findEpiPen® pouches, carriers, IDs, stickers, tattoos, lunch boxes and even awareness clothing. They have the largest assortment of insulated carriers that I have seen! Our favorites have been discovered at this website!
- Blue Bear Aware * is another online retailer who offers a variety of epinephrine holders, food allergy awareness tee shirts, books and even a darling doll sized epinephrine carrier for your daughter’s dolls! French-speaking? No worries, they offer food allergy labels in French and English (good news for our Canadian friends).
- Alert Wear and Love Bug Co * creates an ever-changing assortment of handmade and customizable holders and carriers so insanely adorable that I want to place an order to use the holders for other things! Since many of this allergy mom’s items are custom-made, you need to order early! Some of their holders are created to accommodate asthma inhalers.
- Allergy Haven * created an insulated carrier and offers very hip assortment of carriers and accessories.
- SPIBelt is a tried and true favorite which is a comfortable belt sold in both adult and child sizes for the very active person. The belts are very popular for runners and my kids have used these for years during PE classes, soccer, riding bikes, etc. The belts hold their epinephrine auto-injectors and inhalers quite comfortably and the kid’s red belt with polka dots makes me think Minnie Mouse.
- Activeaide sells several great holders, but our favorites are the hard case style and the darling animal carriers. My daughter and I have been using their carriers for years and we just retired one since it was so dirty from being dragged around play grounds, school yards, surviving spills in my purse and more. Can we say durable?
- Omaxcare® is all about the active kid, teen and adult. Their options are waste bands style and leg band style. The holders seemed to be used on ankles, calves and waists.
- Porta Pocket lets you get your Bond girl on (it’s for boys too) with this hands free carrier which can be wrapped around your thigh, calf or upper arm! Talk about discreet.
- Special Mention: Olli Lolli created and sells clothing with special pockets to accommodateEpiPens®. They also offer other awareness items and all of them are insanely fun and hip.
Wall mount, stations or suggestions that might be efficient solutions for schools, workplace, place of worship:
- @RiskRescue * offers stations that can be hung on a wall that will hold up to 20 “kits”, (epinephrine auto-injectors and specific information for the person it is assigned to), which can be rolled up and taken out of a building during emergency
- Safety Sacks are an old favorite in my family. We used them mostly when my kids where younger since this sack is clear! Think of it as the Cadillac of Ziplock bags. My son’s preschool used it to hang his emergency medications on the door frame of the classroom. The click on the closure is tricky for little ones, but easy for adults!
- The Original Allergy Emergency Kit have created various units (similar to AED) and signage to hold multiple epinephrine auto-injectors.
- EPI-ACCESS International Epi Access Carrying Case multi-injector carrier that can
Again, if I missed your favorite, please add it below and I’ll update this list. I have a feeling I’m forgetting a favorite!
Thank you to all these companies who choose to create this products to help keep us safe and to make our children feel fabulous!
Disclaimer: we were the lucky recipients of a few of the items mentioned above to take out on a test drive, such as Rescue Shot, Activeaide, buddy pouch and from Allergy Apparel . I have an unhealthy obsession with EpiPen carriers and have purchased most of the items listed above. My goal is to simply share. I also receive a small commission as an affiliate with Blue Bear Aware.